Childbirth and Infant Care Education
Whether you are a first-time parent or looking for a refresher, our classes are designed to provide you with important information to help prepare for each stage of your pregnancy and early days with your new baby.
Labor and Delivery -
Benefits of Taking a Childbirth Class
A childbirth class can be a great forum to ask lots of questions and can help you make informed decisions about key issues surrounding your baby's birth. This four-class series is designed for parents in the second and third trimesters to prepare for the delivery process.
Information you can receive from a birthing class includes:
- how your baby is developing
- healthy developments in your pregnancy
- warning signs that something is wrong
- how to make your pregnancy, labor, and delivery more comfortable
- breathing and relaxation techniques
- how to write a birth plan (link to birth plan info on Sanford’s site)
- how to tell when you are in labor
- pain relief options during labor
- what to expect during labor and delivery
- the role of the coach or labor partner
Check out the upcoming schedules for the Labor and Delivery Classes.
This one-night class is designed for parents, grandparents, and caregivers as they prepare to welcome a new baby.
The class covers:
- First days with your new baby
- Baby care basics
- Infant CPR
- Car seat safety
- Newborn communication
Check out the upcoming schedules for the Infant Care Classes.