Key Safety Highlights
Our hospital and nursing home participates in statewide and national safety and quality activities:
- We participate in the Minnesota Alliance for Patient Safety (MAPS).
- We are committed to reporting patient safety initiatives and practices through the Minnesota Hospital Association Adverse Event Reporting and Call to Action.
- We report all stroke diagnosis and hospital acquired infections to the Minnesota Department of Health.
- Our hospital is Joint Commission accredited which means we adhere to the National Patient Safety Goals.
- We participate in the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) to improve the culture of patient safety in our organization.
- Our nursing home is participating in the StratisHealth long-term care initiative to study pain management and pressure ulcers.
- Since 2008, we have been awarded the Minnesota Hospital Association's Service Excellence Award for its Call to Action for Safe Skin and Safe from Falls.
- Our Emergency Department has been recognized by Press Ganey for our quality improvement efforts and increased patient satisfaction.
- Our Quality and Safety Committee includes two community members from the Partners in Care Council to better understand how quality and safety affect the patient and family experience.
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid ranked Minnesota 4th in the nation for providing quality care to Medicare patients.